Have you ever been sitting down most of the day and then when you stand up.
Your hips and back, shoulders and neck feel soooo locked up …
If this is something that happens on a regular basis, it can land you in a no-win cycle of aches & pains and maybe even injury.
It goes something like this:
- You get aches & pains because your muscles are tight from not moving.
- So you end up moving even less, because you have aches & pains.
You can see how over time, this can put some real limits on your lifestyle and even your health!
The good news is that there are some SIMPLE things you can do to break the cycle (and even avoid it in the first place).
- Move! Every hour stand up and move around for a few minutes. Set a timer to make this happen. If you’re on a road trip, take a little walk during rest stops.
- Stretch. Your hip flexors can get super tight when you sit a lot. This can cause a chain reaction in your other muscles, making them get tighter or weaker. Keeping them flexible now can help you avoid injury in the future.
- Be more active. When you’re not sitting, find ways to incorporate movement into your daily routine. Exercise, take regular walks, take the stairs, park farther away, and find excuses to move! Not only will this give those tight muscles a break, it will help keep your metabolism revved!
Try doing these 4 things every day for one week and you’ll be amazed at how much better you feel!
If you want some motivation to get moving join my FREE 5 day Pilates & Relaxation challenge https://yogakeynsham.com/5-day-challenge-for-pilates-relaxation/