Affirmation meditation is a mindfulness practice that combines traditional meditation techniques with positive affirmations. Positive affirmations are short, positive statements that you repeat to yourself in order to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging or negative thoughts. The goal of affirmation meditation is to cultivate a positive mindset and promote self-growth and well-being.
Here are some tips to try out your meditation:
- Find a Quiet Space: Choose a quiet and comfortable place where you can sit or lie down without distractions.
- Set an Intention: Begin by setting an intention for your meditation session. Decide on a specific aspect of your life that you want to focus on improving or a particular quality you wish to cultivate.
- Choose Affirmations: Select positive affirmations that are related to your intention. These affirmations should be in present tense and phrased positively. For example, if your intention is to boost your self-confidence, your affirmation might be, “I am confident and capable.”
- Relaxation: Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to relax your body and mind.
- Repeat Affirmations: Start repeating your chosen affirmations silently or out loud. Focus on the words and let them resonate with you. You can repeat each affirmation several times.
- Stay Present: If your mind starts to wander or negative thoughts arise, gently bring your focus back to the affirmations and your breath.
- Practice Regularly: Consistency is key. Aim to practice affirmation meditation daily or as often as you can to reinforce the positive mindset you’re cultivating.
Affirmation meditation can be a powerful tool for shifting your thought patterns, improving self-esteem, reducing stress, and fostering a more optimistic outlook on life. However, it’s important to note that while positive affirmations can be beneficial, they are most effective when supported by genuine effort, action, and self-awareness. Simply repeating affirmations without taking meaningful steps toward your goals may not yield significant results.
Are you ready to cultivate a positive mindset and enhance your well-being? Give this 10 minute affirmation meditation a try! or alternatively we have weekly meditations restarting in September on Wednesdays and monthly sound relaxations on the first Friday of the month.
In the hustle and bustle of our lives, it’s all too easy to put off taking care of ourselves. We often find ourselves saying, “I’ll do it later” or “I’ll start tomorrow,” especially when it comes to practices like meditation and prioritising our own well-being. But here’s the thing – tomorrow never truly arrives.
Days turn into weeks, and weeks into months, and before we know it, we realise that we’ve been neglecting ourselves for far too long. We’ve become experts at pushing aside the things that truly matter, like finding moments of peace and tranquility. So, let me ask you again: When was the last time you genuinely carved out time for yourself? When was the last time you allowed yourself to unwind, to let go of the stress and worries that weigh you down, and to focus solely on your mental health?
Imagine waking up in the morning with the intention to prioritise yourself and your well-being. Picture yourself setting aside just five minutes, at the start of your day, to indulge in a rejuvenating Heart Meditation – a brief yet powerful experience that can bring remarkable clarity and calmness to your mind. It’s time to break free from the cycle of procrastination and self-neglect. Embrace the fact that you are worthy of those moments of self-care and peace.
It’s not just about setting aside time; it’s about giving yourself permission to be the best version of yourself. So, let’s make a commitment together, right now, to prioritise YOU.
Let’s make it a habit to honour our mental health, to embrace the tranquility of meditation, and to cherish the moments we truly deserve. The journey to self-discovery and well-being begins with a single step, and we invite you to take that step today. Embrace the beauty of finding peace within yourself, and allow it to radiate into all aspects of your life. Don’t let another day slip away with empty promises to yourself. Take the first step towards a happier, more centered you with this 5-minute Finding Peace meditation
You may also wish to look at these exciting events lined up.
Introduction to Meditation 4 week course 10.50-11.50am (starting Wed 6th Sept) – please email or text for more details as i’ve not added this as yet.
Baby, Toddler and Children’s activities in Keynsham and Beyond!
This Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/Keynshamtoddlerbaby was set up by me more than 10 years ago in the hope that people do not suffer with loneliness like I did and terrible postnatal depression. Please feel free to share this page, Please note that I run this group as a volunteer and will try to keep it updated with your help.
(Keynsham and closeby)
9.30-11am (Term time only) Elim playgroup, Balmoral road, Keynsham. £1.50 per adult and up to 2 children, 50p per person thereafter.This price includes drinks and biscuits. No need to book, just turn up https://www.facebook.com/groups/810670809778812/
Baby Sensory Bristol South, Masonic Hall, 99 Bath Road, Keynsham, BS31 1SR Various times from 10.00am – 1.45pm, Birth – 13 months https://www.facebook.com/babysensorybristolsouth/
10.00-10.45am Pre-school ballet, Fear Hall, Keynsham High Street www.Keyforddancingschool.co.uk
1.45pm – 2.45pm New Moon Mum & Baby Yoga,St Francis Hall, Warwick Road, BS31 2PW. Midwife led mum & baby yoga classes with Emily. The class offers an opportunity to move your changing body, ease common postnatal ailments and aid sleep. We will also cover postnatal and baby topics with an opportunity to discuss if desired. www.newmoonpregnancyyoga.com
6.50pm- 7.50pm Pregnancy Pilates with B Well Pilates & Wellbeing, Wellsway school, Lansdown hall, Keynsham Specialist Pregnancy Pilates sessions with Beth. Weekly sessions where you can work on your pelvic floor, core strength, whole body strength and conditioning for functional movement. Beth also runs postnatal mum and baby Pilates classes for when baby’s here. www.bwellpilates.co.uk
7.30pm – 8.30pm New Moon Pregnancy Yoga, St. Francis Church hall,Warwick Rd, Keynsham. Midwife led pregnancy yoga and birth preparation classes with Emily.The class offers an opportunity to move your changing body, ease common pregnancy ailments and aid sleep. We will also cover pregnancy and birth topics with an opportunity to discuss if desired. www.newmoonpregnancyyoga.com
9.30am or 11am Story Stars at Keynsham Scout Hut. Lots of sensory and messy play based around a different story each week. 0-18 months. www.story-stars.co.uk
9.30-11am (Term time only) Elim playgroup, Balmoral road, Keynsham £1.50 per adult and up to 2 children, 50p per person thereafter.This price includes drinks and biscuits.No need to book, just turn up. https://www.facebook.com/groups/810670809778812/
10 – 10.30am and 11 – 11.30am Baby Bounce and Rhyme, Keynsham library Free https://www.facebook.com/BathnesLibraries1
2.00 – 2.45pm/2.45 – 3.30pm Pre-School Ballet & Tap, St. John’s Church Hall, Keynsham High Street Suitable for 3&4 year olds https://www.heidi-mariedance.com/classes
6:00 – 7:30pm LushTums Pregnancy Yoga Fear Hall, Keynsham High Street, Jubilee Lounge https://www.birthbodybreath.co.uk/
9.15-10.45am (Term time only) St. Francis Baby and Toddler group, St Francis Hall, Warwick Road, BS31 2PW £1.50 No need to book. This price includes tea/coffee and snack time (toast/fruit) for children. https://www.facebook.com/groups/208373916981819/?ref=share
9.40-11.20am (Term time only) Baby and Toddler Playgroup, St John’s Church Hall, Keynsham High street. Play, craft, snacks, parachute games. £1.50 per child, additional 50p per child if more than one per adult. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stjohnsbabiesandtoddlers/
9:45 – 10:30am (under 1s), 10:45 – 11:30am (under 5s) Curious Babies, The Annex, The Crown Inn, 63 Bath Road, Keynsham, BS31 2WA Environmentally conscious and fun class heavily influenced by The Curiosity Approach and Loose Parts Play. Each week exploring natural/ recycled or household objects in a playful, musical way, including parachute, sensory lights and of course… Bubbles!
10.00-11.00am Postnatal mum and baby Pilates B Well Pilates, Scout Hut, Keynsham. Booking essential. Diastasis recti check, work on your pelvic floor, safely strengthen your core and whole body strengthening & functional movement. Ease postnatal aches and niggles and meet other new mums locally. Fun, relaxed and friendly class.www.bwellpilates.co.uk
Rock Out Baby – Music sessions for mini Rock and Rollers, Fear Hall, Keynsham High Street
10 – 10.35am – Mixed age range 10.50 – 11.20am – Under 1s class
1:15 -2.30pm LushTums Mum and Baby Yoga, Fear Hall, Keynsham High Street, Jubilee Lounge. For babies 6/8 weeks to crawling https://www.birthbodybreath.co.uk/
Phonics with Robot Reg classes for toddlers (9.30am) and pre-school children (10.30am), Keynsham Masonic Hall. Termly bookings £7 per session book via www.robotreg.co.uk/pages/Keynsham
Music with Mummy, Saltford Hall,BS31 3BY Jolly Babies – Birth – 16 months (9.45am and 11.15am), Music with Mummy 16 months – 3.5 year approx (10.30am) New theme each term – singing, dancing, bouncing, instruments, bubbles and fun, sensory props for babies. https://www.musicwithmummy.co.uk/kingswood/?fbclid=IwAR1hlY9rTI2fLl0_0pbJu5vtTkgUOTP4C5Rn16_HVL0VzrVRHYEPsqmMIu4
11 – 11.30am Storytime, Keynsham Library Free https://www.facebook.com/BathnesLibraries1
10 – 11.00am Fourth Trimester Trainer Fear Hall, Keynsham High Street Postnatal return to exercise class for mum and baby https://www.facebook.com/fourthtrimestertrainer/
9.15am Wellbeing walk (Buggies welcome). Contact Sandhya to book 07565 976 129
9.30 -11.00am (Term time only) Baby Comes Too, Key centre, Charlton Road, Keynsham No need to book. £1.50 for first child 50p for additional children. Toys, crafts, singing, ride-ons. Drinks and biscuits (sometimes homemade cake!), plus snack time (fruit) for children https://www.facebook.com/groups/babycomestookeynsham/
9.30 – 11am and 1 – 2.30pm Tea & Tots at Keynsham Baptist Church. Soft play & singing for under 5’s. £1 per child. Pre-booking required.This group is currently over-subscribed but please contact Ros with any enquiries: 0117 239 firstname.lastname@example.org
9.40-10.10am Hiit pilates fusion exercise class – PHIIT, Keynsham Scout Hut HQ, Ashton Way Buggies, babies, toddlers welcome! Higher and lower impact options given, music, relaxed atmosphere. Super fun class, we usually go for coffee after. Booking essential www.bwellpilates.co.uk
10-11.30am (Term time only) Outdoor Play, and Explore Together, Keynsham Childrens Centre, 65 West View Road, Keynsham, BS31 2UE 0-5 year olds. Free (donations welcome). Outdoor play, singing and snack. https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/keynsham-children-and-family-centre
10 – 10.40am Mini Musical Time Travellers, St. Francis Church Hall,Warwick Rd, Ke no ynsham. £4 (one adult and up to two children). A fun and interactive musical adventure for 0 to 4 year olds. https://www.facebook.com/MiniMusicalTimeTravellers
10 – 11.30am (Every 4th Saturday of the month) Who Let the Dads Out St Francis Church Hall, Warwick Road, Keynsham Chance for children and dads to play together, along with bacon butties for dads and toast for children. For more info contact email@example.com
9.30 Messy Church breakfast club (3rd or 4th Sunday of every month) Keynsham Baptist Church, High Street Keynsham, BS31 1DS. Aimed at primary school aged children but younger siblings are welcome. Craft and activities/Christian family gathered time to finish.https://www.facebook.com/keynshambaptistchurch/?locale=en_GB
Football school, Broadlands Playing fields. Coaching from 18months – 6 years old https://football4everyone.co.uk/
Parks/Farms in Keynsham and nearby (within 1 hour or less)
- Nature Reserves in the area https://www.avonwildlifetrust.org.uk/nature-reserves
- Avon Valley, Saltford farm with trails, soft play. Often do themed events e.g. Easter, Halloween etc https://www.avonvalley.co.uk/
- Grimsbury Farm, Kingswood. Community farm and play area https://www.grimsburyfarm.org/
- Chew Valley Animal farm
- Oldbury Court, Fishponds not in Keynsham but good to walk around with buggies and good children’s ground https://www.bristol.gov.uk/residents/museums-parks-sports-and-culture/parks-and-open-spaces/parks-and-estates/oldbury-court-estate
- Badocks Wood, North Bristol buggy friendly, has a stream to paddle in https://walkswithkidsnorthsomerset.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/badocks-wood/ (buggy friendly)
- Leigh Woods, North Bristol Bluebells in the spring, views of the Suspension Bridge https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/bath-bristol/leigh-woods
- Page Park, Staple Hill https://beta.southglos.gov.uk/page-park
- Brandon Hill, Central Bristol Good for buggies https://www.avonwildlifetrust.org.uk/nature-reserves/brandon-hill-nature-reserve
- Bath Area Play Project Outdoor play in Bath and the surrounding areas during the Easter and Summer Holidays. Free play sessions which run for 4 hours with a range of free-play activities supported by play workers Bath Area Play project
Places to go within 1 hour
- Old Down Country Park, Bristol https://olddownestate.co.uk/country-park/
- Cattle Country Farm Park, Berkeley Heath Farm, Berkeley, Gloucestershire, GL13 9EW https://www.cattlecountry.co.uk/
- Mendip activity centre, Churchill Snowboarding, Tobogganing, Skiing, Obstacle Courses etc. https://www.mendip.co.uk/
- https://cotswoldfarmpark.co.uk/properties/glamping-tents/ 1.5 hours a way, free entry to farm.
- https://www.bucklegrove.co.uk/camping-cabins/ Cheddar (45 mins away)
- Keynsham Leisure Centre https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/banes/keynsham-leisure-centre/soft-play-keynsham-leisure-centre
- Noah’s Ark, Bath Road, Brislington Noah’s Ark, Brislington
- Iplay, Broadwalk, Knowle https://broad-walk.com/store-guide/iplay.php
- Active Centre, Kingswood https://activecentres.org/facilities/children/explore-adventure-play/
- Wacky Warehouse, Longwell Green (part of The Wishing Well pub) https://www.wackywarehouse.co.uk/the-wishing-well/
- Majestics Gymnastics, Longwell Green Stay and Play sessions during Term Time, Monday – Thursday mornings. Structured play for 3+ Fridays https://www.majesticgymnastics.co.uk/pre-school
- Ocean Adventures, Cheddar Huge soft play with play village upstairs https://oceanadventurers.com/
- Imperial Sports Sensory Room, Hengrove Sensory room with soft play elements, swings, music, lights. They do special sessions for children with SEND https://imperialsportsground.co.uk/sensory-room/
- Southside, Bath (free!) https://www.youthconnectsouthwest.org.uk/softplay
- Trampoline and play park, Bath https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/banes/bath-sports-and-leisure-centre/bath-trampoline-play-park
- Freedog Trampoline park, near Temple Meads, Bristol Special sessions available for toddlers https://freedogbristol.com/
- Playbarn, Farrington Gurney https://www.farringtons.co.uk/playbarn
- Baskervilles Gymnastics PlayGym 18 months – 2.5 years/Drop in SoftPlay 4 years and under. Monday – Friday and Sunday https://www.facebook.com/baskervillesgym
- Be Weird, Be Wild, Be Wonderful, Longwell Green https://www.beweirdbewildbewonderful.com/
- The Gossip Play Cafe, Bedminster https://www.thegossipplaycafe.co.uk/
- Little Nannie’s Cafe, Pucklechurch https://little-nannies-cafe-and-sunshine-glade-soft-play.business.site/
- Fox & Kit, Bath https://www.foxandkitcafe.com/
- Paulton Swimming Pool – warm pool https://www.paultonpool.org.uk/
- Longwell Green Swimming Pool – warm kids pool https://activecentres.org/centres/longwell-green/
- Keynsham Leisure Centre Swimming Pool https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/banes/keynsham-leisure-centre/swimming-keynsham-leisure-centre
- Puddleducks Swimming lessons (Chocolate Quarter in Keynsham) https://www.puddleducks.com/
- Swim with Style Parent & Child classes, Pre-school classes. For pre-school classes adults don’t have to get in the pool! www.swimwithstyle.co.uk
- Sage Dance & Yoga Various classes in Bath/Keynsham for adults and children www.sageyogabath.com
- Razzamataz (4-18 years) Michella 07881 440 079 https://bristolsouth.razzamataz.co.uk/
- Heidi-Marie Dance Academy (3&4 years upwards) Heidi dance
- Keyford Dance School (2.5 years upwards) Keyford dance school
- Stagecoach (from 4 years) https://www.stagecoach.co.uk/bristolkeynsham
- Dancin’ Tots, Staple Hill Drop in/PAYG Pre-school dancing class with lights/instruments. Mon – Thurs and Saturday mornings https://dancintots.co.uk/
- Make a Move Dance based workshops/virtual and in-person therapeutic courses for mums with low mood and perinatal depression http://www.makeamove.org.uk/
- Kidz Cuts, Keynsham High Street https://kidzcuts8.wixsite.com/kidzcuts
- Mini B’s at Blades Barbers, Keynsham High Street (walk ins welcome) https://bladesbarbers.co.uk/mini-bs/
Pre-schools and Nurseries
- Orchard Lea Nursery & Pre-School, Charlton Road https://orchardleachildcare.co.uk/
- Pirates and Princesses Nursery, High Street https://piratesandprincessesdaynursery.co.uk/
- Queens Road Pre-School https://www.queensroadpreschool.co.uk/
- Puddleducks Pre-School https://www.castle.bathnes.sch.uk/our-school/castle-early-years
- Little Gems Nursery https://www.stkeynaprimary.co.uk/foundation-stage
- Keynsham Childminding Facebook Page (for childminders and parents looking for childminders) https://www.facebook.com/groups/362991033776955/
- Laura O’Sullivan 07990 703929
- Hayley Britton 07766 080 131
- Becky 07872 353053
- Molly Hale 07305 163 766
- Vicky Burford 07827 958342
Health and Wellbeing
- Henry Courses help with nutrition, emotional wellbeing, parenting skills, breastfeeding, and getting more active. https://www.henry.org.uk/whatson
- Keynsham Breastfeeding Support Page https://www.facebook.com/keynshambreastfeeding/
Places in wider Bristol/Bath particularly good in the summer!
Some amazing supermum on Facebook created this list of places below as ideas for summer holidays. Thank you supermum!
Key – cafe: ☕️, sand: 🏜, water:💧, toilets: 💩, car park: 🚗,
paid entry £, play park 🌷
- Bath City Farm ☕️🏜💩 🚗 🌷
- St Werbergs ☕️💩
- Windmill Hill ☕️💩 🌷
- Laurence Weston ☕️💩 🚗
- Grimsbury ☕️💩 🚗 🌷
- Court Farm Country Park £££💩☕️🏜🌷 🚗
- Walnut Tree Farm Park ☕️💩🏜🌷 🚗 £
- Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm nr Salisbury 🌷☕️💩 🚗 ££
- Animal Adventure Farm, Brean £££🚗
- Victoria Park, Bath 💩☕️🏜 🚗 🌷
- Sandpits Park, Bath 💩🏜💧🌷
- Keynsham Park 💩 🚗 🌷
- Alice Park, Bath ☕️🌷🏜 🛴💩
- St Andrews Park, Bristol ☕️🏜💧🌷
- Page Park, Bristol ☕️💩🌷
- Kingsgate Park, Yate 🏜💧🌷
- Blaise Castle, Bristol 🏜☕️💩💧 🚗 🌷
- Vassels Park, Bristol 🏜💧☕️💩 🚗 🌷
- Hengrove Park, Bristol 🏜💧☕️💩 🚗 🌷
- Sydney Gardens, Bath 🏜💧💩🌷
- Pittville Park, Chippenham🏜💧🌷💩☕️ 🚗
- Skate Park, Midsomer Norton ??
- Skate Park Keynsham ☕️💩 🚗 🌷
- Corston Fields 💧🌷
- Emerson Green Skate Park??
- Lyde Green Parks 🌷??
- Little Stoke Park ☕️🌷
- Brislington 🌷🏜
- Redcatch Park, Bristol ☕️🏜💩 🚗
- Elm Park, Filton, Bristol 🌷☕️🏜💩 🚗
- Lydiard Park 🌷
- St George’s Park and Skate Park ☕️🏜💩🌷🛴 🚗
- Alexandra Park, Bath 🌷💩 (very limited parking, cafe down the road at Bear Flat.
- Weston Super Mare 🏜💩☕️ 🚗
- Clevedon 🏜💩☕️ 🚗
- Ogmore 🏜
- Brean 🏜☕️💩
- Porthcawl 💩💧☕️ 🚗
- Barry Island 💩💧☕️ 🚗
- Penarth 💩💧☕️ 🚗
- Severn Beach 💩☕️🌷 🚗
- Willsbridge Mill 💧☕️💩 🚗
- Cheddar (over the Gorge) ☕️💩 🚗
- Bath Soft Cheese Cafe ☕️💩🌷 🚗
- Bitteswell Lake 🌷
- The Wave (walking around it) 💩☕️🛴🏜💧🌷 🚗
- Whitchurch Cycle Path 🛴
- Northern Slopes, Bristol
- Ashton Court 💩☕️ 🚗
- Bath Skyline
- Two tunnels cycle path 🛴
- Shearwater Lake ☕️🛴 (very limited car parking, do not park elsewhere)
- Willsbridge Mill, Longwell Green 💧☕️💩 🚗
- Greyfield Woods, Higher Littleton 💧
- Oldbury Court Estate 💧💩 🚗 (toilets and cafe at Vassels Park if you walk to it)
- Leigh Woods
- Rainbow Woods 🌷 🚗 (plenty but on the road) has a fairy door trail.
- Avon Valley Farm Park ☕️💩🏜💧£££ 🚗 🌷
- Chew Valley Farm Park ☕️💩£🚗 🌷
- Cheddar Caves ☕️💩££ 🚗
- Bristol Aquarium ☕️💩💧£££🚗
- Wild Place Project ☕️💩£££🚗 🌷
- Old Down Country Park ☕️💩🌷££ 🚗
- Hope Nature Centre, Trowbridge 💩☕️🌷££🚗
- American Museum 💩☕️££🌷 🚗
- Dyrham Park NT 💩☕️🌷£££ 🚗 (expensive if you’re not a member)
- Tyntesfield NT 💩☕️🌷£££ 🚗 ( expensive if you’re not a member)
- Prior Park Gardens £££(check website for cafe opening times)
- Stourhead NT £££
- Noahs Ark Zoo Farm ££🚗
- Cattle Country ££🏜☕️💩🌷 🚗
- Puxton Park ££🏜💧☕️💩🌷 🚗
- Bowood House and Gardens ££🚗
- Studley Grange Butterfly and Farm Park, nr Swindon 💩☕️££ 🚗
- Roves Farm, nr Swindon 🌷☕️💩 🚗 ££
- Coate Water Country Park 💧🌷☕️💩 🚗
- Slimbridge Wetlands Centre 💧🌷☕️💩££ 🚗
- Newport Wetlands Centre 💩☕️🌷££🚗
- Congo Adventure Golf, Keynsham ☕️💩£ 🚗
- Pirate Bay Adventure Golf, Bristol ☕️💩£🚗
- Bath Crazy Golf
*https://discoverbath.co.uk/12-free-places-for-kids-to-paddle-splash-in-around-bath/ for details on the ones starred
- Millenium Square fountains, Bristol 💧🏜 🚗 (sand in the summer; cafe and toilets if you eat in one of the restaurants!)
- Warleigh Weir 💧
- Nightingale Valley, Bristol 💧
- *Bathampton Weir 💧
- *Bradford on Avon Tithe Barn 💧
- *Box Park and Stream 🌷💧
- *Chippenham Splash Pad 💧🌷☕️ 🚗
- *Horsecombe Brook Woods , Midford💧
- *Melksham Splash Pad 💧🌷☕️ 🚗
- *Sandpits Park, Bath 💧🌷💩
- *Oldbury Court Estate 💧🛴🌷 🚗
- *Warminster Splash Pad 💧🌷☕️ 🚗
- Munday Playing Fields and Splash Pad, Thornbury 💩💧🌷 🚗
- Marshfield Farm Ice Cream Parlour ☕️ 🚗
- Chew Moos 💩☕️🌷 🚗
- Somerset Lavender
What exactly is sciatica?
Sciatica, also referred to as nerve root or radicular pain, is a prevalent condition. It is characterised by pain experienced in the leg and reaches all the way to the foot. Sciatica is typically originating from the lower back.
When it comes to sciatica, it is beneficial to consider Pilates as an option. Pilates can help alleviate sciatica pain and is a great rehabilitation tool. To witness the transformative power of Pilates, I recommend watching this video featuring Dave’s inspiring story. Discover how he managed to reduce his back pain and eliminated the need for back surgery.
Sitting for extended periods can lead to tightness and discomfort in your hips, back, shoulders, and neck. This cycle of aches and pains can restrict your lifestyle and even pose a risk of injury. Fortunately, there are straightforward actions you can take to break this cycle and prevent it from occurring in the first place.
- Move Regularly: Stand up and take short walks around your office or front room. Set a timer as a reminder. If you are sat at a desk try these upper body exercises you can do seated or standing.
- Stretch: Sitting for prolonged periods can cause tightness in your hip flexors, which can affect other muscles. Stretching these muscles can help prevent future injuries.
- Be Active: Look for opportunities to incorporate movement into your daily routine. Exercise, take walks, use the stairs, park farther away, and find reasons to keep moving. This not only relieves tight muscles but also boosts your metabolism. Check out my Pilates and Yoga classes here.
By following these four simple steps consistently for one week, you’ll be amazed at the improvement in how you feel.
Life can be busy and chaotic and we get caught up in the chaos of life, charging forward without a clear direction. But in those very moments, we have the power to choose differently.
We can choose to pause, to take a conscious breath, and to simply be. We can choose to walk slowly into the mystery of life, embracing the unknown with open arms. Each time we forget and find ourselves swept up in the frenzy, we have the opportunity to bring ourselves back to this choice. We can return to the practice of stillness and presence, finding solace in the unfolding of each moment.
So, let us remember the power of the breath, the significance of being still, and the profound impact it can have on our lives. May we cultivate the habit of slowing down, of cherishing the journey rather than fixating on the destination. For it is in these mindful pauses that we discover the richness and beauty that life has to offer.
Sometimes all we need is a gentle reminder to breathe, to take a pause and find stillness within ourselves.
In those moments, something shifts inside of us. We begin to soften, to create space for imperfection.
The once loud and critical voice of judgment fades into a mere whisper.
And in that whisper, we remember the truth: life is not a relentless relay race.
It is a journey we all embark on, and eventually, we will each reach the finish line.
We have the choice to remind ourselves that the purpose of our existence is not to rush through life, but to awaken to it.
When you are in pain, you may feel scared to exercise but if we manage to do this safely, not only can it reduce pain, it can help you move better.
The more you move, the better your body and back will function. Things you find difficult doing in your everyday activities have the potential to become pain free or at least less painful.
What if you could use a proven and tested, step by step exercise system, helping you to reduce the risk of long term medical care❓ 👏
What if you could go to a class with a teacher who specialises in back pain and go at your own pace, in an environment where you feel safe❓
What if you knew the exact gentle low impact exercises (no jumping which can cause the back to jolt) to do where you didn’t have to sweat?
What if you could reduce the impact that back pain has on your life. Loading the dishwasher, getting your socks on in the morning and getting out of bed would be so much easier❓
Have you thought about a Pilates class to help with all of these? We have a class in Keynsham Mondays 5.45pm, Tuesdays 9.30am and Wednesday 9.30am.
How to pay. (updated June 2023)
You can via Direct debit via my system (links above) or
Cash payment every 3 months or purchase a drop in space (subject to availability) via my booking system here
Made payable on the 20th of the month for the next calendar month.
The cash payment options may be more convenient for those who prefer not to set up a direct debit.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.
Notice to cancel your class
Just a reminder if you wish to leave please give me 1 months notice so that I can fill the space.
If you’re looking for a low-impact way to improve your strength, flexibility, and overall health, you may wonder whether yoga or Pilates is right for you. Both practices offer a variety of benefits, but they differ in their focus and approach. In the video below, you’ll hear a brief answer regarding which exercise may be more suitable for you.
So again, what’s the difference between the two?
While both yoga and Pilates offer a variety of benefits, there are some key differences between the two practices. Here are a few factors to consider when deciding which practice is best for you:
- Focus: Yoga focuses on the mind-body connection and improving overall well-being, while Pilates focuses on strengthening the core muscles and improving posture.
- Breathing: While both practices incorporate breathing exercises, yoga places more emphasis on deep, rhythmic breathing, while Pilates focuses on lateral breathing to engage the core muscles.
- Equipment: While yoga can be practiced with just a mat, Pilates often uses specialized equipment like a reformer or simple equipment such as bands, light weights or Pilates balls to enhance the exercises.
Ultimately, the decision between yoga and Pilates comes down to your personal goals and preferences.
If you’re still unsure which practice is better for you, consider trying both and seeing which one you enjoy more. Message me if you have more questions!
Are you new to exercise? I offer different levels so you can choose what’s best for you. Check out the available class dates and times.
Back pain can be a frustrating and debilitating condition that affects many people. It may be caused by various factors, including poor posture, weak muscles, and injuries. If you’re dealing with back pain, you may be looking for a safe and effective way to alleviate your symptoms. Pilates can be an excellent choice for relieving back pain and improving spinal health! Watch these short yet helpful videos to give you an idea on how Pilates could you help you.
Pilates can be a powerful tool for relieving back pain and improving spinal health. Incorporating Pilates exercises into your routine can strengthen your core muscles, improve flexibility, prevent injuries, and increase your body awareness. Whether you’re dealing with chronic back pain or simply looking to prevent it, giving Pilates a go may give you a healthier, pain-free back!
Check out the Pilates class schedules I offer. You can book for a 1:1 session too, either in Keynsham or on Zoom!